Cathedral Square Assisted Living This community offers the benefits of assisted living at a choice location overlooking Lake Champlain in downtown Burlington. Conveniently located near the University of Vermont and Fletcher Allen Health Care, the community offers 28 assisted living units designed to be affordable to households wit... More Information.
LeadingAge National Conference
Aging services leaders from across the globe will come together in Washington, DC for four exceptional days of learning, connecting and sharing with the world’s best and brightest minds in the field.
Three powerful cultural icons will be on tap for LeadingAge’s anniversary as they celebrate 50 years of leadership and service in the aging field. Maya Angelou, Elie Wiesel and Mary Robinson will help to “Celebrate Age.”
LeadingAge, located in Washington D.C., is a national leader in:
* Quality of Care initiatives in all care settings
* New aging services technologies through LeadingAge's Center on Aging Services Technologies (CAST)
* Applied research in the aging field through LeadingAge's Institute for the Future of Aging Services (IFAS)
* Strengthening the long term care work force through initiatives such as Better Jobs Better Care (BJBC)
* Representing licensed long term care facilities including nonprofit residential care homes, assisted living residences and nursing homes
* Designing innovative housing and service models
* Advocating for home and community based services such as Adult Day programs, meal programs and transportation services
* Seeking a national solution to long term care insurance through the CLASS Act
* Protecting and reforming the Medicaid and Medicare programs
LeadingAge Vermont (LAVT) is affiliated with the national organization, LeadingAge.